- Information we may collect from you
- IP addresses and cookies
- Your personal information and how we use it
- Information sharing
- Contacting you
- Public forums
- External links
- Storage of your information
- Your rights
- Contacting us
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information (such as your name, email address, postal address, payment details and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on our website, including if you create a member account, subscribe to any of our services, order any of our products, upload or submit any material via our website or request any information.
- Information in connection with an account sign-in facility, your login and password details.
- Details of any transactions made by you through our website and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Communications you send to us, for example, to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding our website or its content.
- The information you provide when you complete surveys or enter promotions or competitions that we may, from time to time, run on our website for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them.
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
- Details of your visits to our pages or on our social networking sites (whether you access them via our website or otherwise).
We may, from time to time, run referral programmes or similar initiatives that invite you to provide us with the contact details of someone who is known to you who may find our products or services to be of interest. By providing us with their details, you confirm that you have their permission to do so, and also that we may identify you to them as the friend who recommended them. You must not provide us with the details of anyone from whom you do not have such permission.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access any web page. When you use our website or service, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, a number of clicks and how you interact with links on the website or service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and other such information. This information is collected for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. It is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions.
Some of the cookies we use are “analytical” cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Some of the cookies we use are persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions.
Other cookies we use are session cookies. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser.
Except for session cookies, all cookies will expire after 30 days.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies or by clearing your cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you are able to alter these settings using the settings area of your browser. Please refer to your browser manual on how to do this. However, please note that if you disable your cookies, your use of our website or service may be adversely affected.
We use the system-related data referred to above, gathered using cookies and other methods to do the following:
- Administer our website and assist in diagnosing technical problems.
- Recognise you when you return to our website and identify new visitors.
- Enable you to navigate our website more quickly and easily.
- Store information about your preferences, so that we can customize elements of the layout and/or content of the pages of our website for you.
- Estimate our audience size and patterns and carry out research on our users’ demographics.
- Audit the accessing of resources and downloading of data from our website.
- Assist in improving, updating and developing our website, products, and services.
- We may also share access to cookies with affiliate networks with whom we work to enable them to assist us in finding suitable affiliates for our website
- We permit Google to access our cookies to enable them to assist us in analyzing our website traffic, although this is done on an anonymous basis.
- We may permit other data processing sites access to our cookies in order to provide analytics on our website traffic
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND HOW WE USE IT
We will use the information held about you to do the following:
- Enable us to process your orders and to provide you with the products, services and information offered through our website and which you request.
- Administer your account with us, and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online; and send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services, provided you have consented to be contacted for these purposes.
- Ensure that the content and advertisements on our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Notify you about changes to our products and/or services.
- We may use and display your full name and email address when you send an email notification to a friend through LLUSTRE or any social network from which you have connected to LLUSTRE (such as in an invitation, or when sharing your content). Additionally, we use your email address to contact you on behalf of your friends (such as when someone sends you a personal message) or notifications from a social network or other websites with whom you have registered to receive such notifications through LLUSTRE.
- We may use and display certain user profile information, including without limitation your username and any image content that you have uploaded to the website may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Website or address your request for our services. Any content you upload to your public user profile, along with any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose online in a manner other users can view (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, etc.) becomes publicly available, and can be collected and used by others. Your username may also be displayed to other users if and when you post comments or upload images through the Website and other users can contact you through such comments.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to our website, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal data:
- to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- to our affiliates, to providers of our affiliate network services, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the products and services we offer through our website, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform the services they are providing to us, upon our instructions;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets or their agents and advisors; or
When you apply for membership to LLUSTRE, you give your consent to receive marketing communications from us. We may contact you, by email or other means as provided to us in “Your Account”. Such communications may include:
- Email alerts for new sales event launches, products, features, enhancements, special offers, upgrade opportunities, competitions, events of interest, and one-off marketing promotions. Such alerts may include marketing information about LLUSTRE, our subsidiaries or selected business partners.
- Personalised communications based on your interactions with LLUSTRE.com
- We receive a confirmation and other data when you open an email from us.
- You can tell us not to contact you with information regarding our products and services, by following the unsubscribe instructions on any communications sent to you. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using the ‘Contact Us’ page on our website, which is available by clicking here.
- We do not sell or otherwise pass your details to third parties for marketing purposes. Marketing communications you subscribe to will only be sent directly from LLUSTRE Design Ltd
Our website may, from time to time, make chat rooms, message boards, news groups and/or other public forums available to its users. We also have presences on a number of social networking sites. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when using these and never disclose your personal information.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. If you follow a link to any of those sites, please note that we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites and we suggest that you check those policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the Internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via our website whilst it is in transit over the Internet and any such submission is at your own risk. It is advisable to log out when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
STORAGE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us using the Help & Contact page on our website.
You have the right under the Act to a copy of the personal information about you held by us. Your right of access may be exercised in accordance with the Act, and your request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with the details of the information we hold about you. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information.