It occurred to me the other day that we all arrive at the gym for a limited time. We got a life outside the gym and we need to get in there and out in time. We don’t live there (at least I don’t..hope you don’t either). So in that little time, we spend there (an hour or two) we need to get that thing called R-E-S-U-L-T-S. Are you with me? Good.
If we don’t get results we can measure and get them in a reasonable amount of time, we’ll be practically in the same place six months from now. Do you want that? I don’t. We could just as well stay home and watch TV. So how do I get frigging maximum results from my bench press workout?
You do not need a great deal for the gym. Find an open area in your own home or rental, a few weights, perhaps some floor coverings, and a bench for presses, rows, step-ups.
After doing some thinking and jotting down what came to mind, here’s my take on this:
- I need to learn how to maximize the body’s natural testosterone and growth hormone production, so all the work I put in will be “counted” towards the results.
- What are the optimal repetition ranges? doing this right will increase muscle mass and help strength gains.
- Resting times between sets effects muscle growth as well, so I need to make sure I do this correctly.
- Repetition speed, and how it contributes to building muscle.
- The optimal length of the overall workout – how long should it be?
- What’s the best diet for maximum results? Most guys ignore this, but correct diet is essential to our success.
- Should I use any supplements or should I trash them all? do they have any value or are they just a scam?
- What’s the best way to incline or decline bench press workout? why are they used anyway and when is the best time to use them?
- What can I do to reach my max bench press in 6 months for now? I need a step by step plan to do that.
- And this is just a quick, short list from the top of my head. Can you count the question marks up there? This is partly because there is a lot of disinformation out there, and sometimes it’s hard to tell if it’s for real or just bullshit someone it telling you in order to sell you something.
I’ll be posting real soon about something I found that seems to give some honest answers to all there pressing question, so watch out for my next post!